Rules and Regulations
- Exclusive entry/usage is for Lake Township and Village of Hartville residents only who have obtained a “Lake Township Yard Waste Key Card”. Usage of this site is for yard waste from the cardholder’s residential property located in Lake Township and/or the Village of Hartville.
- No commercial vehicles, commercial businesses or commercial waste of any kind is permitted.
- No rental vehicles (U Haul, Home Depot, etc.) or any vehicles in excess of 8600 GVW are permitted drop off at the site
- Hours of Operation: Thursday and Friday, 7 AM - 7 PM. Saturday and Sunday, 9 AM - 5 PM. No person shall deposit yard waste outside the designated drop-off area or outside the designated hours of operation. Site will close for the season on November 30th or as otherwise determined by the Board of Trustees.
- No tree or plant branches larger than six (6) inches in diameter and/or longer than four (4) feet.
- No cut trees.
- No logs.
- No stumps.
- No construction materials.
- No dirt/stones/sod/straw/hay.
- No dump trucks or dump trailers of any kind.
- No trailers longer than 10 feet.
- Absolutely no plastics, plastic bags, lumber, plywood, metal, trash, treated wood, fencing, stone, or concrete. Only biodegradable yard waste will be accepted.
- Abuse or misuse of the “Lake Township Yard Waste Card”, or sharing with anyone outside the household, will result in revocation of the yard waste access/privileges and no refund will be given.
When using the site be prepared for your debris to be inspected for rule compliance and to show proof of residency. Enforcement of the rules is key to the sustainability of the site.
- “Commercial lawn or tree service” means a person or business for hire who provides custom design landscapes, estate landscape management and grounds/yard maintenance services to include yard mowing, and tree trimming and removal services.
- “Deposit” means to throw, drop, discard, or place.
- “GVW” means the gross vehicle weight rating (GVWR), or gross vehicle mass (GVM) is the maximum operating weight/mass of a vehicle as specified by the manufacturer including the vehicle’s chassis, body, engine, engine fluids, fuel, accessories, driver, passengers and cargo but excluding that of any trailers.
- “Litter” means garbage, trash, waste, rubbish, ashes, cans, bottles, wire, paper, cartons, boxes, automobile parts, furniture, glass, treated wood, construction grade materials or anything else of an unsightly or unsanitary nature.
- “Person” means an individual person, firms, partnerships, limited liability companies, or corporations, their agents, trustees, heirs, or assigns.
- “Public property” includes any private property or public property open to the public for the conduct of business, the provision of a service, or upon the payment of a fee.
- “Resident” means an individual living in the unincorporated areas of Lake Township, Stark County, Ohio and the Village of Hartville.
- “Yard debris/waste” means grass, grass clippings, bushes, shrubs, and clippings from bushes, shrubs, and tree or plant branches not larger than six (6”) inches in diameter, and longer than four (4’) feet.
- Commercial lawn and/or commercial tree services (resident and non-resident) are prohibited from depositing yard waste and non-yard waste at the site.
- Commercial businesses, commercially labeled or unlabeled vehicles or vehicles in excess of 8600 GVW (resident and non-resident) are prohibited from depositing at the site. Trailers in excess of ten (10) feet in length are prohibited from depositing at the site.
- No person, regardless of intent, shall deposit, litter or cause litter to be deposited on any public property or private property to include the following materials:
- Plastics, plastic bags (may be used for transport, but must be removed from site), lumber, plywood, metal, trash, treated wood, fencing, stone, or concrete.
- cut trees
- branches larger than six (6”) inches in diameter, and longer than four (4’) feet
- construction materials
- No person, regardless of intent, shall deposit yard waste or cause yard waste to be deposited outside the designated drop-off area for yard waste
- If any of the provisions in any of the sections of the above legislation should be rendered invalid or unenforceable by the enactment of statutory law or by a Court of competent jurisdiction from whose final judgment or decree no appeals have been taken within the time provided thereof or by any administrative or executive official having authority to rule in the matter, such legislation, decision or ruling shall not affect the validity of the surviving portions of this legislation which shall remain in full force and effect as if such invalid portion thereof had not been included therein.
HOURS OF OPERATION.
- Hours of operation shall be established by the Lake Township Board of Trustees and may vary due to seasonal needs of the community.